Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pippa, Bored.

I am. Really, really bored. I have no work to do, no reading that must be done, no writing, editing, chewing of pencils. There are a thousand things that I could do, and many that I OUGHT to do, but all I really want to do is work on my thesis. And I can't, because it's over.

All the time I was writing it I wanted to get to the end and move on. Now that I have, I want it back. There are a hundred things wrong with it, and I know that and could correct them. I am re-excited by my primary texts! I can see the value of my study in a way that escaped me before. So, I'm pining away at my computer, and getting more bored by the minute. I hope it's a phase.

2 comments:

Towanda said...

Uh, I've got some stuff that could be done over here, if you want...

;-)

The Fabulous Kitty Glendower said...

You can fall in love with Fiction all over again, assuming that you loved Fiction before. I watched Bleak House the other day and it helped so much. And there is always that lint behind the washing machine and dryer, or the soot under the refrigerator. LOL! Are all of your old clothes sorted for charity. Also it is never too early to write your first article for publication. Just brainstorming here.