Thursday, May 18, 2006

Front Bottoms and Other Unmentionables...

While I was over at Yclepta reading the recent post on body hair I remembered seeing this fantastic cartoon and thought I would share it with you. It is by Mikhaela. Pop over there and have a good look at her political cartoon series, it is excellent.

I volunteer in a youth centre and there is a poster in the girl's toilets that actually reads: "some of your bits aren't nice" !! It then goes on to explain how to keep armpits and front bottoms all nice and shiny and inoffensive. I understand that some young people do need advice on personal hygiene but this takes the piss. It is offensive and every time I go to the loo the clean and hairless girl on the poster winks at me and defies me to challenge her. I shall be ripping the poster from the wall this week.

I may even take it into the car park and set fire to it.

3 comments:

Pippa said...

He he he! I think I shall. Cheers!

MythicPower said...

Word up Pippa, in case you haven't seen my comment, it's there, but I am commenting here because I need to know where Kamloops is!

I agree with withchy-woo regarding your post. Edit them!

yclepta said...

Do you mean the poster says to remove all pubic hair and armpit hair? that is frightening propoganda! Stale pee on pubic hair is not terrible - it's the way it is. Stale sweat on pit hair likewise. Just wash every day - or less, like blokes do.
A large black marker pen sounds like a great idea....
Glad my post triggered your memory of the cartoons - thanks for the pointer.