Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I Am Left to My Own Devices!

I had my last therapy session yesterday. I have wept copious tears in preparation for our parting and I wept more last night and this morning. I have been seeing my amazing therapist for a few years; each time I got up the nerve to go it alone something traumatic happened and I crashed, needing more time. Well, this time I am making the leap out into the open world no matter what happens. We have worked together for ages, getting me equipped with coping strategies and ridding me of my depression demons and for that I am more grateful to her than anyone could imagine. But now I have to test my mettle, or I will never test it at all.

So now I am free-falling into my own space and hoping that my landing is a safe one. My feminism will sustain me. I hope.

3 comments:

spotted elephant said...

I hope things go well. Leaving a therapist is very scary, but at the same time, it's easy to put all your emphasis on the therapist and the work she's done for you. Don't forget you and the work you've done for yourself.
(hug)

Pippa said...

Thankyou all for the lovely words. I am glad I have this blog and all the new feminist contacts in blogland! Cheers, Pippa xxx

Karen Wyman said...

Hi Pippa,
Congratulations!!

I have found that my feminism (and my feminist friends) really do sustain me, even if I -once in a while- slide into some dark places. I firmly believe you will be well and whole and joyful on your own. I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of strong, capable, independent, support from lots of places energy.
Yawning Lion